This week at the Chequers cookery school we made pizza. Pizza is my absolute favourite meal and I eat pizza at least once every couple of weeks. Because I am vegetarian my choice of pizza is limited so I was so excited that I would be able to make my own pizza with any toppings I like. Tilly can also be a bit of a fussy eater at times and so its nice to know I can make pizza for her and a different one for me with anything we want.
So here is the recipe for home made pizza
225g strong plain flour
½ table spoon of salt
½ table spoon of fast action dry yeast
15ml olive oil
any topping of your choice
1. mix the flour and salt into a bowl. Then add the yeast
2. make a well in the centre of the bowl and add the water and oil and mix until you form a dough. The bowl should be almost clean.
3. knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for around 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
4. place back into an oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for around 45 minutes. Until it has doubled in size.
5. when risen, roll out the dough into circular shape. Roll the dough forwards then backwards then turn the dough 45 degrees and replete until the desired shape and size.
6. add a tomato puree and what ever toppings you desire (I used peppers and pieces of Quorn ham) then top with mozzarella cheese.
7. cook at 200oc for around 15 minutes
Now you know how to make your own pizza, you can enjoy making it as well as eating it.