This week at the chequers cookery school, we had quite an interesting session. We made a fish pie. We were shown how to fillet a fish, which is often a lot cheaper then buy pre-filleted fish. The recipe for this fish pie is really simple and uses a lot of what you may already have in your kitchen so I thought I was share it with you now.
Ingredients for 2 people
250g of spinach
450g of new potatoes
300g of skinless, boneless white fish fillet
100g of high fat crème fraiche
½ lemon (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 220c fan or 200c/ gas 7
2. Put the potatoes into a pan and cover with water. Then bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 8-10 mins or until soft.
3. Tip the spinach into a colander and once the potatoes are soft tip the potatoes and boiling water onto the spinach to wilt it.
5. Layer the spinach into an oven proof dish
6. Make 2 holes in the spinach and crack your eggs into the holes
7. Distribute the fish evenly over the spinach and eggs
8. Spread over the crème fraiche
9. Using your hands break up the potatoes and place on top of your pie.
10. Bake for 20-25 mins.11. Drizzle with lemon juice (optional)
Good luck making you fish pie. It is very simple to make and can be frozen.
This fish pie works with any boneless, white fish fillet, I have used cod however, you could use what ever you prefer or even a mix of white fish.